By the latter 1830’s “Old Town,” which had not been advanta-geously located, had outgrown its original site. In the first place it was too far from Jack’s Ferry and the steamboat landing. Conse-quently business men and other community leaders, in 1837, organized the Lexington First Addition Company. Eighty-seven shares were issued, of which James Aull subscribed for ten, William H. Russell five, and William B. Waddell five.2* This was the first inti-mate business relationship established between Russell and Wad-dell. Thereafter they were continually associated together in a variety of partnerships and enterprises until 1861.